Dra. Caterina Fuster-Barceló
Who I am
As an accomplished post-doctoral researcher, I am proud to be part of AI4Life, an ambitious project under the Horizon Europe Work Program that unites 10 leading partners from 8 countries in a comprehensive 3-year, 4 million EUR effort. Working closely with my supervisor, Dr. Arrate Muñoz Barrutia, who has made big strides in the field of AI and Microscopy.
I recently defended my PhD in Computer Science and Technology, earned at the prestigious Carlos III University of Madrid (UC3M) under the guidance of Dr. Pedro Peris and Dr. Carmen Cámara. With a strong academic foundation, including a B.Sc. in Telematics Engineering from the University of the Balearic Islands (UIB) and a M.Sc. in Cybersecurity from UC3M, I am well-equipped to tackle the challenges of AI.
In addition to my research, I am passionate about sharing my knowledge and expertise with a diverse range of communities, which is why I participate in Skype A Scientist and have presented my groundbreaking thesis at numerous conferences to audiences from various backgrounds. To learn more about my work and achievements, please visit my Talks and CV Section.
My main interests are:
- Deep Learning
- Computer Vision
- Coffee with soy milk
- February 2023: New Article in the AI4life website: CELEBRATING THE INTERNATIONAL DAY OF WOMEN AND GIRLS IN SCIENCE. Check who are these amazing women!
- February 2023: NEW! Assisted and participated to a Milan Hackathon for Deep Learning in java for 5 days at the Human Technopole.
- January 2023: Just sent “Unleashing the power of ECG: A novel approach for Patient Identification inHealthcare Systems with ECG Signals” to JBHI. Now available in Arxiv.
- January 2023: Starting at the AI4Life European Project with Dra. Arrate Muñoz Barrutia as post-doctoral researcher.
- Deccember 2022: “Puedes identificar a un paciente inconsciente por su actividad cardíaca”: la nueva tecnología biométrica para salvar vidas , new article on 20 minutos about my thesis presentation by Jorge García.
- 13 December 2022: Obtained the PhD in Computer Science and Technology (cum laude) at UC3M.
- November 2022: Giving a talk to IDOVEN in Gran Vía, Madrid the 23th of November. I will be presenting my thesis.